As an NYU professor teaching integrated and digital marketing, I cannot stress enough the importance of being prepared for this new world that is emerging ever so quickly.Before the recession began we were obviously well on our way to becoming more and more digital in how we communicate and conduct business. However, the recession has seemed to help propel this event even quicker.
- We as individuals are flocking to social sites (excuse the pun) at lightening speed to make connections
- Publications are shifting from print to "digital only" versions at an even faster rate
- Direct mail quantities are decreasing rapidly while at the same time shifting customer communications to email. http://adage.com/article?article_id=135003
- Cloud computing is becoming more and more mainstream as a viable business model. Even companies like SAS are testing the cloud computing waters.
I do believe the future will be brighter than we can even imagine. However, we must make it through this storm first. And what a storm it is. But most important we must all be prepared and trained properly for this new world once the clouds lift. Because once the sun shines again it is not going to be the same. Guaranteed.
These are exciting times, these are scary times. Still so many unanswered questions.
Those that understand the new dynamic role digital will be playing in our emerging economy will be the ones poised for success. You must be prepared for the revolution. Get proper training now to set yourself apart from the rest of the pack.
Luckily for you more and more options are becoming available to get the digital training you will need for this new world. And NYU is leading the pack. Check out the following two programs offered by NYU for more information.
- NYU Certificate in Digital Marketing http://www.scps.nyu.edu/course-detail/X50.9504/20092/web-analytics-integrating-website-and-e-mail-data-for-effective-digital-marketing-programs
- NYU Master's Degree in Integrated Marketing http://www.scps.nyu.edu/areas-of-study/marketing/graduate-programs/ms-integrated-marketing/index.html
Within the certificate program some classes, like my web analytics class, are also offered online for distant learners. But be prepared these classes fill up quickly and are often wait listed.
Be ready for the future guys.
PS Any questions about these programs offered by NYU, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at email@example.com.