Title

We are all about marketing, data, analysis, innovation and technology

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Apple Versus the Amazon Reader

It will be interesting to see who wins the electronic book wars. It appears that Amazon is a bit nervous about the future of their reader called the "Kindle." As soon as Apple said it was going to start digitizing (is that a word?) books for the iphone, Amazon was doing press releases selling the Kindle -- a kind of large clunky looking device if you ask me.

I have to be honest with you. I do not read books that often. I am too busy staying current with the industry news and world events. But if apple does start allowing us to read books on our iphones, I might just start reading a few novels here and there. Having a book right there to read at my ready while on the train into the city in the mornig just might work for me.

Let's be real... who needs yet another device like the Kindle in their backpack and on top of that a device that only does one function? For God's sake my iphone can even turn into a "level" for handyman projects.

I don't know about you but I put my money on Apple to win this one.

Times story at: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/10/technology/personaltech/10kindle.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

Perry
PS Can you tell I love my iphone?

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the Kindle; however, trying to read an entire book (with some 300 +/- printed pages) on an iphone will only cause long lines at the ophthalmologists' offices. Give me the real thing ... preferably secondhand so I can help to save a tree.

    ReplyDelete